After seeing 11 of its hotels among the best in the world recognized this year, now it is the turn of the chain itself, Barceló Hotel Group, which yesterday was recognized in the Grand Final Gala of the World Travel Awards, considered the “ Óscars del Turismo ”, held at the Royal Opera House in Muscat, capital of the Sultanate of Oman, as the“ Best hotel management company of 2019 ”.
According to Jaime Buxó, general director of Business Development of Barceló Hotel Group, who was in charge of collecting yesterday the award on behalf of the chain, “obtaining this award is a milestone internationally, since it comes to recognize the enormous work we are doing to standardize our processes and offer an excellent management service worldwide. Something that has already paid off, since 56% of our hotels are incorporated under management system; and because this formula is what has allowed us this year to sign agreements to enter up to 7 new destinations: Hungary, Tunisia and Dubai, in which we have landed in 2019; and Maldives, Sri Lanka, Poland and Slovenia, where we will open new hotels between 2021 and 2022. ”
In this regard, he concludes, “This success has been due, in large measure, to Barceló Hotel Group’s recognized ability to sign agreements based on the needs of our local partners, something that differentiates us and positions us as one of the European hotel companies with greater flexibility and adaptation to the particular needs of each hotel project ”.
The 11 Barceló Hotel Group hotels worldwide awarded at the 2019 World Travel Awards are:
– Formentor, a Royal Hideaway Hotel (Mallorca) – Spain’s Leading Beach Hotel.
– Royal Hideaway Corales Resort (Tenerife) – Spain’s Leading Luxury Hotel Villa and Spain’s Leading Resort.
– La Bobadilla, a Royal Hideaway Hotel (Granada) – Spain’s Leading Boutique Hotel.
– Barceló Isla Canela (Huelva) – Spain’s Leading All-Inclusive Resort.
– Barceló Sevilla Renacimiento (Sevilla) – Spain’s Leading MICE Hotel.
– Barceló Palmeraie (Marrakech, Morocco) – Morocco’s Leading All-Inclusive Resort.
– Barceló México Reforma (México) – Mexico’s Leading Conference Hotel.
– Royal Hideaway Playacar (Mexico) – Mexico’s Leading Resort 2019 and Mexico’s Leading All-Inclusive Resort.
– Occidental at Xcaret Destination (Mexico) – Mexico & Central America´s Leading Conference Hotel.
– Barceló San Salvador (El Salvador) – El Salvador’s Leading Hotel.
– Barceló Tambor (Costa Rica) – Costa Rica’s Leading Resort.