Tallahassee, Florida, August 19, 2020 – In partnership with MAS Servicios, Blue Diamond Resorts will now provide free comprehensive health insurance to guests. As of September 1, 2020, guests who book directly through the Blue Diamond Resorts web pages or through the reservations team will automatically receive extended medical insurance to cover expenses incurred due to accidents or illness during their vacation, including medical needs related to COVID-19.
“The health and safety of our guests continues to be our number one priority,” said Jordi Pelfort, President, Hotels and Resorts, Sunwing Travel Group. “By partnering with MAS Servicios to provide our valued guests with free comprehensive health insurance, we are adding another layer of protection to our Guaranteed Safety Vacation program to help our guests feel calm and can focus on relaxing in paradise.” .
The included Blue Diamond Resorts medical insurance provided by MAS Servicios includes, among other benefits, the following coverage:
• Medical assistance coverage for accident or illness (including COVID-19) in the amount of up to $ 55,000 USD
• Coverage for emergency medical transfer, funeral or repatriation up to $ 50,000 USD
• If a guest must stay at the hotel due to illness, quarantine coverage covers up to $ 100 USD per night for 14 nights for the guest and three travel companions
• Airfare for early return due to the death of a family member or due to accidents and emergencies related to the home
• Includes coverage for medications for hospitalization, home health care, 24-hour telephone medical assistance, psychological assistance, 24-hour legal assistance and support to find checked baggage that has been lost.
In addition, the hotel management group has partnered with Cristal International Standards, an industry leading global health and safety risk management group. Blue Diamond Resorts’ Safety-Assured Vacations program introduces Cristal’s new POSI-Check (Prevention of Spread of Infection) module, which is designed to monitor the effectiveness of health and safety programs in response to communicable infections in hotels and restaurants around the world.