Great participation of Miami in IPW 2019


Greater Miami and The Beaches has had a large space within the fair that has gathered thousands of buyers, suppliers and media in Anaheim, California

Greater Miami and The Beaches has had an outstanding participation during the IPW 2019, an event that has just ended in Anaheim, California. To know the current situation of the destination, we were able to interview Joe Docal, Director of Travel Industry Sales USA, Canada & Latam. The official said: “Miami continues to grow daily, we have a huge number of national visitors that today reaches 70% of the total and a wide variety of international tourists who add the remaining 30%”.

“The main national tourism source markets are New York, Chigaco, Atlanta, Philadelphia and Los Angeles, but more and more visitors arrive every day from cities like Tampa, Orlando, West Palm, Jacksonville, Naples and Fort Myers. The most important international markets are Brazil, Colombia, Argentina, Canada and the United Kingdom”.

“We are every day better prepared to receive cruises, here the headquarters of Royal Caribbean, Carnival and NCL are located.” Royal Caribbean has just opened a new terminal, Carnival opens a new one in November, MSC requested authorization to open a double terminal of 16 hectares and Disney announced that it will operate all year round and will need a new terminal, which is where the largest and most modern ships start, and it is worth noting that in 2018 we had 750000 cruise passengers, an unprecedented number”.

“It has just been announced that the airport will be extended and renewed within a period of 5 to 15 years, and we continue to receive more flights every day, this month the American Airlines flight arrived from Córdoba (Argentina) and that is what the LOT flights from Poland”.

“We work to position that Miami is much more than beach and shopping, we are highlighting attractions such as Jungle Island Miami, the Miami Zoo, the Miami Seaquarium and the 2 National Parks”.

“Art and culture are another strong focus for us because we have museums of all kinds and in addition, our excellence and variety in gastronomy has been growing and today we are a reference”.

“Sport is very important for us, in February of next year we will be the headquarters of the Superbowl, which will be a real celebration of sport, and we will soon know if we can host the FIFA World Cup 2026”.